My song - 'Idioteque' by the band Radiohead
My Protest song -> 'Idioteque' - By Radiohead
I have chosen the protest song 'Idioteque', by the band Radiohead.
It was released in October the 2nd, 2000, as part of the album 'Kid A'.
The song is part of a collection of songs that were created by the artist in an attempt to show the 'progression of life', as the album develops.
The song is a protest against global warming and the issues that human kind is causing to our environment.
The song is part of a collection of songs that were created by the artist in an attempt to show the 'progression of life', as the album develops.
The song is a protest against global warming and the issues that human kind is causing to our environment.
I have chosen this electronica/experimental song to make my music video to as I feel that there are lots of interesting elements and ideas, in terms of lyrics and the format of the song. Hopefully I will be able to utilise these features to enhance my video, and portray the emotion and sense of angst and protest towards global warming in the song ‘Idioteque'.
The genre of this song is electronica/experimental. I think that I can also utilise this by adding edgy typical elements that are common for these kinds of videos.
However, my video will also take inspiration from other protest songs such as 'Land of the Free', by The Killers. This does not use conventional features. In turn, taking inspiration from this video will help my video to stand out and make more of an impact, as it will include some unexpected and different features.
However, my video will also take inspiration from other protest songs such as 'Land of the Free', by The Killers. This does not use conventional features. In turn, taking inspiration from this video will help my video to stand out and make more of an impact, as it will include some unexpected and different features.
The overall tone of my video contrast between positive and negative, as whilst displaying ideas relating to ecological destruction, I want to provoke emotion by showing the audience the beauty of nature that is being lost, in a positive way.
I can portray these ideas through the use of colour effects, editing, cinematography, characters, different shot types and lengths, and locations.
Great song choice - what makes it a protest song? What is the issue being addressed? Make sure this is very clearly presented in your explanation. Miss Cook :)
ReplyDelete